Objective of Role
To support the Lead Engineer - GSW to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover glazing, sealing and wiping (e.g. all glazing, wiper motors and covers and all vehicle sealing systems). Individuals at this level would be expected to accept design ownership of a sub system / selection of parts and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability subject to experience and support given.
Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project:
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards.
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collating of test results and concern reports.
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
- Support for BOM creation including mass information
Support to the department:
- Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.