Objective of Role
To support the engineering team manager to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover chassis structural parts (e.g. bonded aluminium tub, subframe, seat belt anchorage frame, general bracketry). Individuals at this level would be expected to accept design ownership of individual systems / parts and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability consistent with their experience.
Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project:
- Support for BOM including mass information
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collating of test results and concern reports
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution
Support to the department:
- Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external