Objective of Role
To support the engineering team manager to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the required cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover The HVAC and cooling systems. Individuals at a senior level would be expected to accept design ownership of specific systems and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability subject to experience.
Design ownership of a vehicle sub system/ support of vehicle subsystem design and component design within a project:
- Support for BOM including mass information
- Concept and detailed engineering design utilising internal departments and suppliers as appropriate.
- Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with quality acceptance standards.
- Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
- Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
- Collation and assessment of test results and the implementation of appropriate actions.
- Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
Support to the department:
- Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
- Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.