- Development and lead the development and implementation of Infotainment & Driver Information systems for Lotus products including Connectivity, User Experience and HMI.
- Define and lead development and validation processes and to ensure delivery of Infotainment & Driver Information systems and components, including displays, speakers, switches and control units.
- Manage daily workload distribution for all work.
- Lead the investigation of continuous improvement opportunities to improve the functional and technical performance, increase quality, and improve customer experience of Infotainment on Lotus products.
- Coordinate development and validation work with the other EEI functions and other groups within the Geely organisation to ensure all systems meet requirements.
- Lead problem solving activities on SW & HW issues.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments in area of responsibility.
- Approve vehicle technical specifications, and component technical specifications.
- Ensure the proper release of electrical and electronic parts in time and within specifications.
- Ensure proper manufacturing and cost engineering assessment for electrical and electronic parts.
- Ensure proper design validation through testing.
- Ensure the technical operation of electrical and electronic engineering work within overall programme requirements.
- Support the implementation of the Lotus Product Introduction Plan.
- Ensure professional relationships with our suppliers, including selection and management.
- Support the Chief Engineer - Electrical with development and validation activities as appropriate.
- Management of own activities to support the delivery of programmes on time and to budget.
This will be achieved through:
- Rapid response of the team to issues as they arise.
- Technical excellence in all aspects of HMI systems and Customer Experience requirements for Lotus products.