- Supervise the Vehicle Lab staff in all aspects of running the Emission & Vehicle lab activities and their associated areas of responsibility.
- Support external sales activities with input to proposals as required.
- Investigate and specify new equipment required to keep Emissions & Vehicle lab equipment current and to future legislative standards.
- Produce consistent, accurate and validated test data/reports that meet client/project demands and make test and calibration recommendations based on report data.
- To lead team activities.
- Interpret and implement verbal and written instructions to meet client/project/legislative requirements.
- Participate in project planning which efficiently utilises Lab resources and client finances.
- Compile and deliver engineering reports.
- Provide projects with technical and legal opinions and advise on work scope based on legislative requirements and project deliverables.
- To lead with the implementation of calibration and maintenance requirements in accordance with legislation where applicable and Lotus’ quality system. Recommend and implement improvements based on time, cost, and quality.
- Carry out risk assessments in accordance with Lotus’ H&S BOS and apply any recommendations as a result.
- To represent the company at internal/external client meetings or supplier premises.