- Ensure components/services are sourced in the most optimum manner for the specific project/department.
- Maintain a supplier base acceptable for our industry.
- Establish project/department procurement as designated.
- Support department colleagues as and when necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Source and procure components/services
- Assess potential suppliers both technically and commercially
- Provide support to assess and report on new technology/services and applications
- Assist with proposal costings, as required
- Provide a role model for Buyers and Associate Buyers
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in line with current policies and procedures.
- Assist in day to day running of the Purchasing Department and all activities associated with it
- Liaise with Clients and their suppliers to ensure adequate interface
- Liaise directly with the Clients as and when necessary, on all commercial aspects relevant to the project
- Undertake costdown activities as directed by the Team Leader/ Commodity Supervisor/ Principal
- Assess existing suppliers with the main to reduce supplier base
- Liaise with internal customer departments to ensure adequate interface.