To provide product design and release functions for occupant protection and vehicle safety components/systems.
- To support the Safety Systems Function:-
- in the application of Vehicle and Occupant Safety Strategies.
- design, development & Release of Vehicle Safety & Occupant Restraint systems
- To have technical ownership of Vehicle Crash/Occupant Safety Performance component design
- Define and manage Safety product DVP & FMEA documents
- Work with all BICEPS to ensure compatible performance between vehicle systems in terms of Safety and Crash.
- Work with Manufacturing teams on creation of PFMEA documents and control plans
- Provide input to Body & Chassis teams in terms of vehicle structural performance requirements
- Provide input to Interior team to ensure part design achieves required safety system performance.
- Preparation of concept and detailed restraint system designs.
- Work closely with FEA activities to optimise vehicle structures and Safety Systems
- Reporting and management of progress relative to the engineering timing and release schedule.
- Release of design schemes, assembly drawings, component drawings, installation drawings.
- Preparation of Safety tests, analysis of results and preparation of recommendations to allow products to meet performance targets
- Providing support to the purchasing function in the selection of vendors including SSS form.
- Transmittal of engineering information to downstream users as required.
- Analysis of test results and concern reports and preparation of concern resolutions.
- Identification and application of new technologies relevant to assigned systems.
- Project Management & Technical Leadership of Safety System & Restraint System Suppliers.